View Cart Help Desk TellAFriend
Call Us: 1-469 955-1740
8am - 5pm CST Mon - Fri
Structured Wiring Design Manual
Solutions for wiring a home
Wiring an Office
Do it Yourself Resources
Structured Wiring by the Sq Ft
Cat5e and Cat6 Comparision
A/V Switching & Extension
Residential Composite Cable
Bulk Cat6 Cable
Bulk Cat5e Cable
RG6 Coaxial Cable
In-Wall Speaker Cable
Audio Video Cables
Tools & Testers
Paladin Structured Wiring Kit
Products by Manufacturer
Click to see Customer Ratings
JDSU (Test-Um) NT950 Validator Network/Cabling Certifier with FREE Bucket Boss Pro Gatemouth Tool Bag DISCONTINUEDView the Validator NT Demo
Test-um NT950 Validator is the most competive full featured network tester/certifier on the market.
Test-um NT950 Validator Overview
Tests to TIA568/570 interconnect standards
Certifies CAT5, CAT5E and CAT6 Cables to be IEEE compliant to 1 Gigabit speed.
Tests Coax, Telephone, Audio and security cables.
Powerful Plan-Um design software included
Creates and prints job reports
Wiremap new or existing cable systems
Simple to use
Click to view product demo
Click to view brochure
The new Validator TM Network/Cabling Certifier measures and presents fast and clear SPEED and PERFORMANCE results up to 1 gigabit. Speed certification assures the cabling will do the job it is rated to do. Network components such as switches, hubs, routers and systems will then operate at maximum efficiency.
The included powerful Plan-Um ™ software ties together all the different cable criteria that are found in complex voice/data/video installations and presents concise information in printed reports, while storing data for future use. Simply layout your customer’s requirements in a matter of minutes, then define cable types and runs. Test/certify each cable run. Print the results and attach them to your invoice. Completing and billing a cable installation job has never been easier.
NT 950 Package Contents
Validator ™ Main Unit and Smart Remote
2 lithium ion rechargeable long-life batteries
2 AC adapter/charger units
8-position shielded modular jack (data)
6-position modular jack (telephone)
F-coax (video) and dual banana jack
(security, speaker, etc.)
USB cable assembly
32 Mb Compact flash card
Plan-Um ™ design layout software
Cable Certification Labels, roll of 100
Deluxe carrying case with cushioned sides
- Supports IEEE 802.3 data speed carrying specifications to 1 gigabit
- Measures cable length and distances to opens and shorts using advanced TDR technology
- Tests telephone, coax, security/alarm, cables for continuity, proper termination and polarity
- Tests shielded or unshielded Cat3, 5, 5E, 6
- Wiremaps individual runs to locate and identify cable routes
- Tests interconnect specifications per TIA 568/570, including opens, shorts, miswires, split pairs, etc.
- Cable Quality Tests
- NEXT—All combinations on all pairs (12)
- Channel Response
- Echo Testing (Return Loss) impedance mismatches
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- Return Loss
- Bit Error Rate (BERT)
- Measures signal quality in actual link environments that could account for cable inadequacies, such as physical installation problems, kinks, loops, physical terminations, dry shorts, or miswires.
- Store data on either a laptop/PC or in flash card memory up to 2 GB.
- Use archived info when upgrading or changing previously installed systems
Click to view Validator™ Ethernet Speed Certifier Overview (0.21 MB)
Click to view Validator™ Ethernet Speed Certifier Instruction manual (5.51 MB)
Free! Bucket Boss Pro Gatemouth Tool Bag (Empty) 18 x 10 x 12 automatically included in your order shipment of the JDSU NT 950.
Availablity: DISCONTINUED BY THE MANUFACTURER
|Wiring your home or office? Need input from friends & colleagues? Go social by clicking on your favorite social networking tool below.
View our solutions that use the JDSU (Test-Um) NT950 Validator Network/Cabling Certifier with FREE Bucket Boss Pro Gatemouth Tool Bag DISCONTINUED:
Tester Selection Guide