Microsoft XP Windows Media Center EditionPC Operating System for the digital living room.
Top 10 Benefits
- The most complete Microsoft Windows experience designed for the home, with features not available anywhere else From a sleek, polished new look for Windows XP that extends to all of your applications, to the built-in CD and DVD burning support1 new in Windows XP Media Center Edition, this is the best version of Windows for the Home. Unique and customizable logins for each member of the family ensure everyone has their own document and media libraries, and a desktop they can personalize with new themes, screensavers and more. Built on Windows XP Service Pack 2, choose from the widest range of software, hardware, and services all designed to work together more securely. And tap into increased entertainment and personal productivity.
- Developed as the family room entertainment center Connect your Media Center PC to a standard TV or widescreen High Definition Television (HDTV), and enjoy your digital media in a dynamic home theater environment all with the convenience of a remote control. New ultra-quiet designs from major PC manufacturers look and work great as a part of your home theater with support for HDTV recording and up to 7.1 speaker surround sound. Setup is a breeze from a remote control, complete with support for Wireless networks and automatic updates that keep your Media Center current while the Display Calibration Wizard help you configure your TV signal, display type, and video playback quality, so you can enjoy the best possible experience for your equipment. Enhanced widescreen support enables you toggle between normal, zoom, and stretch video modes to fit widescreen displays. Start a movie, get comfortable, and enjoy.
- Enjoy more of your entertainment all in one easy-to-use place Windows Media Center keeps your entertainment in one familiar place that's as easy to use with a keyboard and mouse or a remote control. All in one place, browse thumbnail images of your music, photos, and videos to easily find entertainment. You can even view photos, music, video, and more stored on other PCs or devices around the home all in one place when connected to a home network. Simply resize the Media Center window and you can conveniently listen to music or watch a baseball game, movie, or video while performing other activities on your PC such as surfing the Web.
- Easily transfer, touch up and share photo slide shows with music Transfer photos effortlessly with Plug and Play support for a wide range of over 250 digital cameras. Just plug your camera in and transfer photos to your library with a click. View slideshows to music, or touch up blemishes with features such as automatic red eye removal, auto contrast fix, and support for automatic or manual crop. You can even rotate and print photos!
- Burn and back up music, photos, recorded TV, and home movies onto CD or DVD Back up your photos, music, TV programs, and home movies on DVDs or share photos and home movies on DVDs1 that play in most home DVD players right from within Media Center. You can even create and share home movies with over 100 transitions and effects in Windows Movie Maker 2.1 with DVD Burning built right in.
- Discover, watch, pause, rewind, and record live TV — all with no service fees Optionally record up to three2 live TV shows at the same time and watch your shows on your schedule with optional Personal Video Recording (PVR). Windows XP Media Center Edition works with any standard signal, from a basic antenna, to cable, digital cable, and satellite. You can even use your PC while programs are recording in the background. Easily discover what's on by channel or time using the built-in Electronic Program Guide (EPG) with no service fees, or use the new Movie Finder3 to casually browse movies to record by time, release date, rating, actor, and so much more. It's like having your local rental store and a movie guide all in one place and with no service fees.
- The first home computer operating system designed for enjoying High Definition quality via TV, DVD, or even the Web Watch live local digital TV and HDTV broadcasts on equipped PCs complete with full personal video recording, pause, rewind, and Electronic Program Guide support. Tap into the latest in high definition movies, complete with surround sound delivered via specially marked DVDs and Web downloads that carry the Windows Media Video High Definition (WMV HD) logo.
- Enjoy it in any room in the house with Media Center Extender and compatible devices Experience whole-home entertainment from your Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 on TVs around your home through Windows Media Center Extender technologies available in set-top-box products or in a kit for your Xbox game console or other devices compatible with Windows Media Center.
- Make more of your entertainment on the go with Portable Media Centers or a wide range of music players Enjoy entertainment on the go by automatically syncing with a wide choice of portable players including the amazing new Portable Media Center, which provides easy access to your photos, recorded TV, music, movies, and more, or a wide choice of portable music players for different lifestyles and budgets.
- Connect to movies and music in your living room—on demand Now, with Media Center, the PC and remote control introduce you to brand new entertainment experiences. Media Center connects you with entertainment options available from leading on-line, on-demand content providers. Rent and watch digital on-demand movies. Find and download new music. Watch movie previews. Catch up on the news. Play games. Discover a world of entertainment content from the comfort of your favorite chair!
1 DVD Burning and TV Tuning features may vary by manufacturer.
2 Supports up to Two (2) Analog, One (1) DTV/HDTV Tuner for local channels via over-the-air signal, US only. All other supported regions can support up to Two (2) tuners per computer.
3 To enjoy all the benefits of Windows XP, Internet access is recommended; for some features, such as the Electronic Programming Guide, Movie Finder, and Online Spotlight, it is required.
Windows Media Center Features
Multi-tuner support, so you can watch one show while recording another
Support for Digital and High Definition local TV programming and personal video recording
Built-in CD and DVD Burning, so you can take your digital entertainment with you
New media experiences, including a fresh, easy-to-use design, simpler setup, and revolutionary new entertainment features
Tools and support that let you take your entertainment with you around the house and on the go
New for 2005
Enhanced Caller-ID Features
Support Direct to DVD Recording
Microsoft Media Center Home
|Wiring your home or office? Need input from friends & colleagues? Go social by clicking on your favorite social networking tool below.